The first activity of the approved KA2 project “Gender out of the box”, financed by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission, was held from 26-28 January 2019 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Gender in a BOX is a transnational project, involving 9 partner countries, with a set of well composed skills and experience among the consortium which proposes to work “differently” on gender issues, starting from educating young boys and men, in order to achieve gender equality and equity. The project is composed of 5 main actions in capacity building in local level and mobility activities.
The main aim of the project is raise the capacities of youth organizations on promoting gender equality through working with young boys and men, while targeting them as the main actors not only as the cause of the problem. As well it seeks to equip participants with concrete tools and methods they can use in local level to include more boys and men in gender equality through youth work.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
- Train youth workers/leaders and young people with approaches to working with young boys and men in gender based work while providing them with concrete tools and methods
- Support and improve skills of youth workers by giving them practical and professional skills in addressing gender based issues from different angles
- De-construct some of the challenges young men face in adolescence while using a gender lens by focusing on masculinity (ies), address in the youth work sphere
- Promote empowerment and life skills necessary for young men to develop healthy relationships based on gender equality, to understand their physical, sexual and emotional development and to address all forms of violence in their everyday life.
- Create a team of young Trainers that are skilled in the topic of gender equality trough inclusion of more boys and men, who can act as multipliers
- Foster the participation of youth workers in taking an active role in promoting gender equality and equity in their daily work and all aspects of life.
- Promote the Erasmus + Programme as a strong tool for promoting gender issues, especially to start a practice of working ore with young boys and men.
- Seminar which will bring together partner promoters, youth workers and practitioners in a 6 days programme. The event will be hosted from 19-26 March in Durres, Albania.
- Training for Trainers during which we will present tools and methods on how to work with young boys and men.
The event will take place from 2-10 May in Stip, Macedonia.
- Local activities in each of the partner countries.
- Evaluation meeting will bring 31 participant from the previous activities to evaluate the project and discuss about the follow up and cooperation steps to make the project sustainable beyond its life time.
The event will take place from 9-15 October in Durres, Albania